Goals of Mano a Mano aviation program:
- Provide safe, efficient and reliable air transport to support Mano a Mano’s programs in rural Bolivia;
- Increase aviation capacity in Bolivia by training pilots and technicians;
- Create and operate an emergency response program;
- Generate income to help cover operating costs by maintaining other aircraft, transporting cargo, and flying private individuals.
- Medical professionals into remote tropical communities to conduct weekend clinics for tribal groups that have no other access to health care;
- Ill and injured patients from isolated areas to urban hospitals for emergency medical care;
- Staff and volunteers to distant communities that request the opportunity to partner with Mano a Mano on a project;
- Emergency supplies of food, medicine and medical supplies and other desperately needed items to regions that have experienced a flood or other natural disaster.
In 2010, we provided emergency air rescue to 266 Bolivians! Each case is unique and presents different challenges; read about one of our recent flights where we airlifted a family in the tropical community of Ushbe whose house was crushed by a tree.